Friday 19 August 2016

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer

Hello everyone!

Now this lip lacquer from the lovely MUA is something that has been sitting in my lip product collection for some time now, and I've been meaning to review it ever since I first tried it. I'm having a slight love affair with liquid lipsticks and lip lacquers at the moment, and out of all the ones I've tried (and believe me, I've tried a lot!!) this one definitely has to be the most pigmented.





Now I know this isn't the most summery colour out there, but with the weather we've been having lately, I'm already fully embracing autumn; and during autumn my go-to shade is a deep plum purple. With all the rain these last few days, I've automatically found myself reaching for this lip lacquer and that is what reminded me to write this post. 

The lasting power of this is next to none. It is like a thick liquid lipstick crossed with a lip stain, and it is actually hard to get off at the end of the day. With most lip products I find myself re-applying throughout the day, but with this, I actually struggle to remove it before bed even during my makeup removing/cleansing routine. I currently have a deep purple mark on the back of my hand from taking that swatch! 

This can be both a good and bad thing. I love my lip products to last, but at the same time I don't want to be scrubbing my lips on a night trying to remove my lip colour. However the colour itself is so beautiful that you could happily just leave it on to stain your lips forever. 

Overall, I love this lip lacquer. It has a beautiful thick consistency, is super pigmented and would probably last on your lips for the rest of you life! It only cost a couple of pounds too which is amazing. 

I'm so glad I finally got round to talking about this, and I can see it becoming a handbag staple for me over the coming months. 

Thank you all for reading, and please comment below with any other lip lacquers you think I would love. 

Love to you all x 



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so beautiful. Such a deep, rich colour. It's VERY matte though so if you prefer glossy lips you would need a clear gloss over the top xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely gotta check this out! I'm always looking for longer-lasting lip products and this sounds great! Although my fear is if I applied it badly and couldn't get it off and ended up like The Joker 😂

    Paris x
    http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to use a thin lip brush and get some product off the applicator rather than using the applicator itself. Less chance of a Joker effect haha xx

      Delete
  3. Oh that colour is just GORGEOUS! I'm always looking for a decent liquid lipstick so I'll have to check these bad boys out.

    Wicked North

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour and lasting power is amazing, especially for the price. Let me know what you think if you try them out :) xx

      Delete