Tuesday 12 May 2015

Aveeno Mousturising Cream

As any sufferer of dry skin knows, finding a good nourishing moisturiser is one of the best things in the world. As a sufferer of both dry AND sensitive skin, finding a cream that feels good and does good is almost impossible.

The skin on my face is fine, and I've tried and tested all manor of face creams with no problems what-so-ever, but when it comes to my hands and my arms, i used to have to rely on prescription medications to keep my skin at bay. Around 3 months ago I decided I needed to take a break from the constant use of steroid creams and so consulted a dermatologist. The first thing they recommended was that I started using Aveeno cream twice a day.




I'd seen it several times on the shelf in Boots and Superdrug, but just passed it off as yet another thing I couldn't try, but once I did, I was hooked. Its around £7 for a 300ml bottle, and using it twice a day I get around a months use out of it.

It's oatmeal based, deeply nourishing but not too sticky, and is formulated for people with dry eczema prone skin. That fits the bill for me completely. The change in my skin is massive. It's soft and smooth, as doesn't get as irritated by the day to day things that used to drive my skin crazy; rain, central heating, pet fur, cleaning products at work. I'm not saying that's its cured my allergies, but it seems to give my skin a better barrier against them, so I have cut in half the amount of medicated steroid creams I need to stop flare ups. I would never try anything else as a full body moisturiser. It wouldn't be worth the risk for me now.

Has any one else found a wonder product for dealing with dry eczema prone skin?

As always, thank you for reading, and all comments are appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment