Hello my lovelies!
Today's post is exciting for me as I have been nominated for a Leibster Award by the lovely Karun over at simplykarun.blogspot.co.uk :) This means so much to me and I'm so excited! I would highly recommend her blog too, it really is brilliant!
1. Mention the person who nominated you and link their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions set to you by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Set them 11 questions that you want them to answer.
I really do think the Leibster Award is a lovely idea, as it helps newer bloggers get more attention and recognition, and links bloggers with each other. So here we go!
11 Questions given by Karun:
1) What's your favorite thing about blogging?
-- Honestly, the amazing blogging community. When I started it was just a way for me to ramble on about my love for makeup and beauty, but the people I've started talking to are all lovely and supportive. It's improved my confidence hugely.
2) Would you rather never be able to follow a trend again or give up makeup?
-- Probably never follow a trend. I like to do my own thing a lot of the time anyway, and I honestly couldn't give up my makeup obsession now! Haha, it's past the point of no return!
3)Give one interesting fact about yourself.
-- Urm... I might have mentioned it before, but I don't only write about beauty, I'm trained as a fashion journalist, and have also had some philosophy essays published in national journals.
4)What is your all time favorite beauty brand?
-- This is a hard one... I love Benefit but can't always afford them, so my go-to high-street brand is probably Rimmel.
5) what is your all time favorite beauty product?
-- Clinique's Take Off The Day Makeup Remover. I could not live without it! Removes makeup so easily, and leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh and hydrated at the same time.
6) What trend are you loving at the moment?
-- Like I said, I don't really tend to follow trends as such. I buy something new if I like the look of it, and over winter I guess I've been really into the bright red or deep plum coloured lipsticks. Don't know if you could call that a trend though...
7)What is your favorite blog to read?
-- I've been sat thinking about this for about 5 mins now and can't come up with an answer. I love so many wonderful blogs, and my favorite changes daily.. sometimes even hourly!
8)What is your favorite type of post to write?
-- Haul posts. But to do those I have to spend money and buy a lot of things, which is both good and bad! I like doing good honest reviews though as well. If I get blogger block my go-to is a wishlist post.
9)What would your dream holiday be?
-- Probably a shopping trip to New York. Always wanted to go there. Am looking at Hawaii for my honeymoon too though and am hugely excited at that idea. We would just need to save a huge amount on top of what we already need for the wedding!
10)What is your ideal pamper evening?
-- Treat Yourself Tuesdays haha! A quiet night in with a bubble bath, candles, face mask and nail painting. Probably with a glass of wine too :)
11) What piece of advice would you tell your younger self?
-- Don't waste your time worrying about what you are going to do with your life! It's ok not to have a plan, and you can never predict where life is going to take you. Just make the most of every day and enjoy the ride!
Now I Nominate:
My 11 Questions....
1. When you're not studying/working/blogging, what is your favorite thing to do?
2. What would be your dream job?
3. How old were you when you got into beauty/fashion?
4. What made you start a blog?
5. Be honest... How long did it take you to come up with your blog name?
6. Favorite thing to watch on TV?
7. Do you read many magazines, and if so which?
8. Do you do most of your shopping in town or online?
9. Lipstick or mascara?
10. Name one key item in your skin care routine that you couldn't live without?
11. What would you say to someone reading this who is wondering whether to start a blog or not?
So there we go! Just wanted to say another huge thank you to Karun for nominating me, her blog is linked at the top and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It's amazing to know that there are people out there who actually like my random ramblings!
Thank you for reading!
Love to you all x