Thursday 2 January 2014

My 2014 Goals

Hello my lovelies :)

The plan was to upload a review post today on some of the things I got for Christmas. Today has been a very dark day and I struggled for ages to get the lighting right in the pics, only for them to appear even darker when uploaded to blogger. I don't want to do a half-hearted attempt at a post, so it has been drafted for another day when I can spend more time working on my pictures.

So for now, I thought I might as well get on with my goals for 2014 post. This is one I've been meaning to write since New Years Eve really, but wasn't 100% sure on what it was exactly that I wanted to achieve this year. 2013 was a mixed bag for me. On the downside, I spent a large part of the year really ill and being treated by a bunch of different doctors at the hospital, but on the plus side, it was also the year that me and my fiance got our own place, and the year I started my blog. These two things have made me so happy that I'll still class the year as a success.

As for 2014, I don't want to put too much pressure on myself to make it perfect and amazing. As long as me and my family are healthy and happy, I am happy to face whatever it throws at me. But I do think it's a good idea to have something to work towards, so here goes:

Personal Goals: 

1. Try and eat healthier. Not a diet or anything, just try to eat more fruit instead of living off cookies. Also drink more water.
2. Write a book. I've always wanted to do this, but it's seemed too big a task to face. This is the year I will finally attempt it.
3. Take more pictures of family moments. My photo taking is often limited to blogging or nights out, and I want more of the time I spend with my parents, sisters and nephew to be captured in photos.
4. Set a date for my wedding. Me and the other half have so many ideas on what we want, but haven't got round to picking a day. It will be picked this year, hopefully for next year :)

Blogging Goals:

1. Have more variation with my posts. Try to include some OOTD posts, or even some tutorial posts.
2. Leave more comments on other peoples blogs. I read so many and LOVE them all so much, but I often forget to comment, and I know how much it means to me when people take the time to comment on mine.
3. Greatly improve my photos. Should be a bit better now I have my new camera and I'm not relying on my iPad camera!!!

So there we go, that's what I hope to achieve in the year to come. I've read a few peoples blog posts about their goals for 2014, but love reading them, so feel free to leave links :) and.... i'll take the time to comment :P

Love to you all x

8 comments:

  1. I love the taking more pictures one. I love looking back through my phone at all the snaps I've taken! I got a camera for Christmas and I can't wait to get snapping :)

    Happy New Year lovely!
    Bethanyworrall.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea i got a camera for christmas too and i LOVE it :) my iPad is full of pictures of makeup and swatches. gives me new ideas too though so wont ever delete any of them. happy new year, and i love your blog too. Am a follower and love when new posts pop up in my feed :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Good luck with your new years resolutions!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year to you too. love your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice reading your New Year's resolutions, some are of them very similar to mine, such as eat healthier, take more photos in general and do more OOTD posts. ;)

    Good luck!
    Olivia Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you :) and good luck to you too! xx

      Delete