Tuesday 11 March 2014

Astor Volume Artist Modelling Mousse Mascara

Hello :)

As some of you may know, Astor is a brand that I have come to love recently. After picking up some of their lipsticks and nail polishes pretty cheap from fragrangedirect.com, I fell in love with the quality and value for money. So when I spotted this mascara for only £2.99, I had to give it a go!



Mascara is something I'm a bit fussy about. For me it's the most important item in my makeup bag, so I rarely deviate away from my beloved Clinique, but for that price I couldn't find a reason not to try it. Like with all my mascaras, I went for black, but they did have others in the range.

The applicator brush is rubber, with very short bristles. I thought this might make the product come out lumpy, but it doesn't. The product is very thick, but doesn't clump unless you put too many coats on, and with 2 coats I was pretty happy with the result. It didn't seem to add much length to my eyelashes, but did make them seem a lot thicker. This is a bonus for me, as my eyelashes are already pretty long, but very very thin. However if you were looking for a lengthening mascara then this isn't for you.



I love the sleek silver packaging, and the staying power of the mascara is pretty good. It doesn't flake when you've had it on a while, and the quality seems amazing for the price.

The only downside I have with this is that it took quite a lot of effort to take it off. It smudged everywhere and made a bit of a mess, so make sure you have a good makeup remover at the ready when it comes to bed time!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and as always comments are loved and appreciated :)

Love to you all x


No comments:

Post a Comment