Thursday 20 March 2014

Technic High Lights (Benefit Dupe?)

Hello :)

Let me just say that I am a HUGE fan of Benefit's High Beam highlighter. However, I can't always justify paying that much for it, so when I saw that the budget brand Technic do one that looks almost exactly the same, I was desperate to give it a shot and see if it was any good. I picked mine up for around £1.50 on ebay (compared to around £20 for the High Beam)!  So you can see why I had to give it a try....


As you can see, they have pretty much tried to copy the look of the High Beam. The packaging looks ok, but isn't very good quality. I know it should matter more about the quality of the product itself and not so much the packaging, but it did bother me a little. 

In terms of how good the High Lights actually is, well, lets just say I was impressed. It's not quite as good as the High Beam, but then for £1.50 its not going to be. But it did work very well. 

It comes out a light pinky colour that's lovely and shimmery, it blends well into the skin, and works to give you a subtle definition by catching the light where ever you put it. I normally use it around the cheek bones, above the eye brow bone and a little in the cupids bow above the top lip. 


In terms of the lasting power, that isn't quite as good as benefit's either, but it also isn't a problem. With a good base, this lasts on my skin for around 6 hours which is pretty impressive for such a well priced product. It also doesn't smear and rub off your foundation when you apply it which i know is quite a common problem, for me at least, with liquid highlighters. 

Over all I'm pretty happy with this product. It's not quite as good as the more high end versions, but it works well, looks great, and lasts, so what more can you really ask for? I would tend to use this one every day and keep my beloved benefit for special occasions, and I will definitely keep my eye out for another one for when this runs out. 

What do you think? Have any of you tried this? 

Love to you all x


1 comment: