Monday 28 October 2013

Reviews.... :)

Hello everyone!

Even though I think I completely missed the whole of the storm that hit the UK last night, and have woken up to beautiful sunshine, it's still a bit cold outside, and as I have the day free to do nothing, I feel like its going to be a blogging kind of day. 

On Saturday night, I posted a pic on twitter about what makeup I used to get ready for a night out, and today I'm going to do a quick review of all the products for you. As the pic was taken on my iPad, for some reason it's not letting me upload it here...?! Will consult my techy other half and see if I can sort this out later! 

Ok, firstly, we will start with concealer. I'm not normally a fan of concealer. I think it can leave my face looking too caked with makeup, and I could never seem to get a natural coverage whenever I used it, and believe me I tried LOADS of different ones. Then I found this....

I't a smooth and creamy liquid concealer, which contains tea tree oil to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy. It's the only one I've ever tried that gives me a natural looking even coverage for me to apply my foundation on top of. I use the medium shade, and only apply under my eyes, and where needed. It's great for covering annoying spots, as it treats while it hides! Amazing. 

I bought mine from this little boutique shop I LOVE in Doncaster, near where I live, and I paid around £2.99 for it. I'm not sure that you can buy it in shops anymore, but I've seen it on amazon and ebay ranging from 99p to £3.99. So it's pretty cheap, and it really works.

Next, I'll move on to foundation. I like to try different foundations all the time, and I am definitely a sucker for marketing. Whenever I see the big headlines and the word "new" slapped across the screen, I fall in love and must have it! I know, I'm naive. At the moment I'm using Revlon Beyond Natural, which is a skin colour matching foundations. I've never had much luck with these in the past, and I've always thought they come out as a generic beige colour, but this one really does blend into my skin tone, and gives it a healthy shine too. It looks white when you squeeze it out, and stays white until you start rubbing it in. Then it blends (seamlessly for me) into your natural skin tone. I also use the medium shade of this, and picked it up from that same shop in Doncaster, but that was quite a while ago. As I mentioned, I like to try a lot of new products, so they tend to last me ages. I paid around £4.99. 

Two of the products I used I have already reviewed back when I did my MUA haul, and they are the pressed face powder and the black eyeliner with hints of glitter in. I won't go into too much details about these, as you can always just scroll down and check out my review, but I will say that I am getting along with these products nicely, especially the powder (which I don't normally use, but a brush of it on my nose seems to hugely improve the whole look of my face. Magic huh!?) and since that haul, I have purchased quite a few other bits for my collection!

Right, next to review will be both my Burt's Bee's lip balm with pomegranate oil and my Calvin Klein lipstick in Ethereal. As lip balms go, its the best I've ever tried. It has a slight hint of colour to it, so it can be worn on its own, but I find that when worn underneath a lipstick, it keeps your lips hydrated and stops the appearance of nasty looking cracks. Plus it smells gorgeous. It was a present from when my sister went to America, but I think over here it only costs a few pound if you look around online. My CK lipstick was a birthday present I received back in June. I guess it is more of a summery colour, but I'm not a lover of the whole A/W dark lip shades. I'll take nudes and light pinks any day. The lipstick isn't very hydrating for your lips, hence why I use lip balm first, and If I'm completely honest, It doesn't stay on for very long either. You will need to top up the colour after an hour or two, but the colour you do get, for me, makes it worth it. It has a lovely clean finish, and  for lack of a better word, looks really.... pretty.

Lastly then, we have my beloved Clinique High Lengths mascara and my Eyeko Skinny Mini liquid eyeliner, both in black. As anyone who's read my blog before knows, I love Clinique. Whatever I've tried by them, I've loved, and I don't think my life would be complete without their mascara and make up remover. I paid around around £20 for this mascara back in July, although I think the prices have gone down a touch now. The curved plastic applicator is amazing. You don't get a single clump. I have quite long eyelashes anyway, this just adds to them, gives them an amazing depth of colour, glides on perfectly and because you don't need to use much to get a dramatic look, it lasts ages!! So although it is quite expensive, it's totally worth it. My fave item in my makeup bag! 
The Eyeko eyeliner was something I first tried when I got one as a free gift in a magazine. I'd never really tried liquid eyeliner before, but found it easy to use, and it stays on for ages without smudging. When mine ran out, I did buy another one for around £8. I have to admit it's something I don't use very often, but as liquid eyeliner goes, its probably the only one I'd choose. It's so simple to use that I would recommend it to anyone who wants to start using liquid eyeliner for the first time, as the fact that it comes in a thick-ish pen style applicator means you don't have to worry about little tiny brushes or shakey hands. 

Wow, sorry I've waffled on so much in this post. Just feels like a day for reviewing and I guess I got a bit carried away. Will post something a bit less word heavy next time! 

Before I go, I just want to leave you with my reviews for everything waffled on about above....

W7 Tea Tree Liquid Concealer:  4 stars! 

Revlon Beyond Natural Colour Match Foundation:  4 Stars!

Burt's Bees Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil:  3.5 Stars

CK Lipstick in Ethereal:  3 Stars

Clinique High Lengths Mascara:  (kinda obviously....) 5 Stars!!! 

Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner:  3 Stars

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this, and any comments would be hugely appreciated! 

Love to you all x












No comments:

Post a Comment