Friday 15 November 2013

2013's Beauty Loves

Hello everyone!

As those who follow me on twitter might have seen, the other day I was reading Grazia, and they had a section all about their 2013 beauty awards, listing all of their favorite products from this year. It got me thinking about what mine are, and I decided to do a post about it. Sorry in advance for the lack of photos, a lot of the stuff I decided on has either run out and needs to be re-bought, or is in such a well used state that it would NOT look it's best in a picture!

So here we go :)

1. Clinique Take Off The Day Make Up Remover 


I know I go on and on about Clinique's makeup remover, but I honestly think its the best out there. I've tried a lot of different ones, and this is the only one that makes me feel like I'm doing something really nourishing to my skin by taking makeup off. It feels like moisturising. The one I buy (and I'm running out... please bring me some Santa!) is £17 for 125ml, and that lasts me ages! The last one I got was for my birthday in June, which makes it value for money as well as a really good product.

2. Balance Me Balancing Face Moisturiser


I've talked about Balance Me's moisturiser before when I got a small free sample in a magazine a while ago. I talked about its light floral scent, it's thick creamy texture, and the way that it manages to deeply hydrate your skin without feeling greasy. I loved it. So when it ran out, I went and bought myself the full sized version! It was £24 for 50ml. I bought it last month and have used less than a quarter, so I can see this product lasting me a long time. You don't need a lot to really feel the benefits!

3. Benefit Full Finish Lipstick in Slow Zone


This lipstick is a light pink, and makes my complexion look so much lighter and fresher. Its well pigmented and doesn't seem to dry my lips out like a lot of lipstick tend to do. I bought it for £14 a while ago, but when I looked on the benefit website earlier, I see its now £7. I may have cheekily ordered myself another when I saw that!

4. Barry M Foil Effect in Gold 


Now I know I talked about this in my post for #TheWinterProject, so I won't say too much about it, but it has been my go to nail polish ever since I bought it. Whenever I'm stuck on what to do with my nails, this is what I choose. You do have to buff them beforehand as the foil effect means it picks up any ridges, but one coat and it gives you a feeling of instant glamour. Was perfect in the sunshine, and its perfect for the party season. All for just £3.99. LOVE it :)

5. Redken Colour Extend Rich Recovery Protective Treatment

I love Redken. When I buy their products though, I do tend to buy the gift sets which include little bits of everything in them, and I always go for the colour protect range. I dye my hair a lot, and this is the best product I've found for helping to keep my colour looking bright and my hair feeling healthy. It's the only full size product I buy, and 250ml is £17.50 from feelunique.com. It smells lovely, and this treatment is my go to product to keep my hair looking bright and healthy. The perfect treat for your hair! Also, the pot lasts quite a long time (depending on hair length and how often you use it of course). I have quite long hair but only use the product when I feel my hair needs a boost, and it lasts me a couple of months. 

6. Chanel Chance 


Now I'm not one to usually do a fragrance post, as I'm not a huge lover of perfume. I use it, but tend to stick to what I like and don't try many new ones. This is my favorite of all time though. I buy it over and over, and never get tired of the light, fresh scent that it gives. I cant go into what the various tones are as I will admit I know nothing about all that, but I can say it smells lovely, and I never get bored of it. Prices vary from place to place, but the last bottle I bought was from thefragranceshop, and I got 35ml for £47.50. It is a bit pricey, but in my opinion, completely worth it, as its the only one I wear.

My Best Discovery of 2013 
What I thought I'd do, is also give a mention to the best brand that I've come across this year, and all things considered, it has to be the VERY reasonably prices MUA. With a lot of products for just £1, they are exceptional value for money, and everything I've tried from them, including eyeshadows, lipsticks, nail polishes, powder and eyeliner has been brilliant. Well pigmented, long lasting, and good for my skin. Why would you not love all that for such low prices!? I cant wait to try their highlighter, as I've read some rave reviews about it.

Well, they are my top beauty loves of this year. Sorry this post has been a tad wordy, will do a lighter post next time :) As always, all comments are appreciated, and thank you for reading!

Love to you all x



No comments:

Post a Comment