I want to start by saying how impressed I am with delivery times whenever I order from feelunique.com. They're amazing! Anyway.....
This post is about what I bought recently from there, which is my top 5 winter essentials. Yes, these products are great all year round, but when it starts getting colder, I always make sure that I'm stocked up on them, as they are absolute lifesavers! Here's what I bought.......
1. L'Oreal Skin Perfection Velvety-Soft Toner. I think toner can sometimes be an underestimated part of a daily skin routine. I love it, and this one especially feels like rubbing silk into your face. It's unbelievably soft, and doesn't dry your skin out at all, which is perfect for these central heating, icy wind filled days which can leave your skin a bit dry and delicate. I also like the pretty pink bottle... Simple things!
2. Jason Soothing 98% Aloe Vera Gel. When I rave about this product to my friends and family, a lot of them respond by saying "isn't aloe vera a summer thing?". While yes, it is good as an after sun, its also an amazing moisturizer, which is lightweight and non-sticky, so it perfect for putting on before you get dressed. It smells clean, and leaves your skin feeling really hydrated. Plus, its a brand who specialise in natural ingredients, so there aren't any nasties in it either :) win win.
3. Palmers Cocoa Butter. An old favorite. A brilliant intensive moisturizer, which evens out skin tone and also helps reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. It's such a well known product that I don't really need to go into it in too much detail, but an essentials haul wouldn't be complete without it.
4. Bio-Health Vitamin E Cream. This is a lightweight face cream which will work just as well under your makeup in a morning as it would as a night cream. It's formulated for people who have an allergy to lanolin (which I don't) I just think that substitutes they use make the cream feel smooth, natural, and fresh. I use it as a night cream, and my face doesn't stick to the pillow like other night creams can make happen. It also has a light floral smell to it which I think is really pretty, and which also helps relax me at bed time.
5. Balm Balm Tea Tree Lip Balm. This is advertised as being a product you can use not only on your lips, but anywhere, however I have only ever used it on my lips, and it's perfect for the winter months which can leave your lips dried out and flaky. Although I do think it would work well for people who get dry cracked knuckles in winter too. It's 100% natural and organic, and comes in a couple of different flavors (is flavors the right word??). I prefer the tea tree one as it almost feels medicinal on my lips. Its quite thin and non sticky unlike Vaseline, so is perfect for putting under lipstick.
So there we are, my winter essentials. I know I tend to do a rating at the end of my posts, but because these are all products I buy every winter, and are simple basics I love, I'm going to give them all 4 stars! Together, they're everything I need to fight the effects of winter, and to top it off, my order for all 5 came to... wait for it.... just under £20!!! Bargain! They will last me for around 2 months as well, so how can you resist!
Thank you for reading, and thank you to feelunique for bringing me these so quickly!!!
Love to you all x